Some details about our summer plans.
First, the practice schedule. Here is the basic plan:
- Mondays @ 6:30pm @ Apex Nature Park. Meet at the gazebo next to the tennis courts. The focus of these nights is speed, but we’re still building our base right now.
- Thursdays @ 6:30pm @ Hilltop-Needmore Park. Meet under the big tree next to the (old) clubhouse. The focus of these nights is distance, but we’ll add some variety to these nights.
- Saturdays @ 7:30am @ Sugg Farm. Meet near the gate at the end of Grigsby Ave. The focus of these mornings is hill work and general fitness.
Second, the meet schedule is developing, but you can check out that page on our site for the latest news.
Third, it’s time to begin your registration process. Go to the registration page on the site to work through the various steps for registration. If you need a uniform, we’ll be handling that in a week or two. We’re making some changes this year.
Fourth, though you likely know this already, but here is our current team of volunteers making the year happen:
- Daniel Baker, AD
- Jim Martin, Head Coach
- Josiah Ruhl, Head Coach
- Elias Ruhl, Head Coach
- Henry Noel, Assistant Coach
- Josh Ruhl, Assistant Coach
- Caleb Weathers, Assistant Coach
- Ana Maria Fraticelli, Team Mom
- Karen Adams, Team Mom
What a gift to be able to honor God with our bodies through a sport like cross country. As the apostle said, “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” (Colossians 3:17). Of course, he had cross country in mind when he said that! We want our actions and words in our practices and meets to be “in the name of the Lord Jesus”—which means done so that others would praise him, done consistently with his holiness and character, and done with an awareness of him as we workout.
We hope 2021 is a great season of growth for you—as a runner but especially in your walk with Christ.