Hello, everyone! The season is almost here. Here are some details on our summer running and fall season:
1. 1st practice will be June 7th at Hilltop-Needmore Park, 6pm. We’ll meet with the parents a bit and have the kids do some running.
The plan for now is Hilltop-Needmore on Mon and Thursday at 6pm and then Sugg Farm (2401 Grigsby Avenue, Holly Springs, NC 27540) on Saturday mornings at 7:30am.
2. The coaches for this year will be me, Jim Martin, and Josiah Ruhl. But…we need some assistant coaches to help with practices and maybe manage an occasional one if one of us can’t be there. Usually this is only once or twice per season. Are you interested? Shoot me an email and let me know.
3. I’m pleased to announce this year that Ana Maria Fraticelli and Karen Adams will be our team managers (team moms). They bring a lot of energy and commitment to the team and also a desire to see us grow in our organization.
4. Along these lines we’ll be using TeamSnap app for schedules, RSVP for meets, etc. Details coming about that. Likely it’ll be July when we get that set up. Until then, we’ll use our Google Group pretty exclusively.
5. The registration deadline for this year is June 30th. Till then, feel free to run with us and see if this is what you’d like to do for the fall season.
6. One other change for the year is that we’ll have some track workouts with Josh Estepp who is coaching the Heritage Academy cross country team. Details coming.
See you soon! Feel free to ask if you have questions I didn’t answer.